Aura provides financial and crisis communications counsel to companies and sponsors involved in transactions and special situations, including shareholder activism defense and proxy contests, unsolicited takeovers, friendly M&A and restructurings. She also assists clients with ongoing investor relations, corporate communications and crisis management. Her areas of expertise include:
- Shareholder Activism: She has advised on numerous public and private activist situations, helping companies defend against some of the most notable activist investors, including Carl Icahn, Coppersmith, Elliott, Engaged Capital, Land & Buildings, Starboard and Third Point.
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Notable transactions include advising Array BioPharma on its sale to Pfizer; Bemis Company on its sale to Amcor; Zayo on its sale to Digital Colony and EQT; GGP on its sale to Brookfield Property Partners; Johnson & Johnson on its acquisition of Actelion; FMC on its merger with Technip; Gartner on its acquisition of CEB; and LSC Communications on its separation from R.R. Donnelly & Sons.
- Crisis Communications: Recent projects include advising clients on crisis preparedness and response around a range of issues including cybersecurity, workplace misconduct and sexual harassment, short attacks, regulatory inquiries and SEC investigations, accounting irregularities, unplanned leadership changes, bankruptcies and restructurings, litigation, facility closures, diversity and inclusion and workforce reductions
- Restructuring & Bankruptcy: She advises companies involved in out-of-court financial restructurings and in-court Chapter 11 reorganizations. Select assignments include EXCO Resources, FTD Companies and Southcross Energy.
- Private Equity: She assists private equity firms with investor and media relations at both the fund and portfolio company level. Current and former clients include Cinven, First Reserve, Fundamental Advisors, Kanders & Co., Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors, Lone Star Funds, PJT Partners, Ridgewood Private Equity Partners, Tower Three Partners and Z Capital Partners. She is also responsible for managing relationships with reporters and editors at leading publications.
- Investor Relations and Public Relations: She works closely with company management to develop and execute ongoing investor and public relations programs that adhere to best practices, including assisting with message development, quarterly earnings, investor conferences and presentations, non-deal roadshows, Analyst/IR Days, buy-and sell-side targeting and general profile-raising. Select clients include Foot Locker, GameStop, Host Hotels & Resorts, Johnson & Johnson, Motorola Solutions and S&P Global.
Aura joined Joele Frank in 2015. She was previously Vice President, Convertible and Equity-Linked Origination at RBC Capital Markets and a Director at Weston Growth Capital. She has a JD from the UCLA School of Law, with a concentration in business law and policy, and a BA in political science from the University of California, Los Angeles.