Aura provides financial and crisis communications counsel to companies and sponsors involved in transactions and special situations, including mergers and acquisitions, shareholder activism defense and proxy contests, unsolicited takeovers, crisis management and restructurings. Her areas of expertise include:
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Recent transactions include advising Johnson & Johnson on its acquisition of Actelion; Demandware on its sale to Salesforce; FMC on its merger with Technip; Gartner on its acquisition of CEB; LSC Communications on its separation from R.R. Donnelly & Sons; Raptor Pharmaceutical on its sale to Horizon Pharma; and TUMI on its sale to Samsonite.
- Private Equity: She assists private equity firms with investor and media relations at both the fund and portfolio company level. Recent projects include advising GPs on fundraising, transactions and corporate development, and assisting with a variety of issues related to the management of portfolio companies. Current and former clients include Cinven, First Reserve, Fundamental Advisors, Kanders & Co., Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors, Lone Star Funds, PJT Partners, Ridgewood Private Equity Partners, Tower Three Partners and Z Capital Partners. She is also responsible for managing relationships with reporters and editors at leading publications.
- Shareholder Activism: She develops strategies and communications materials to help clients engage with and defend against activists and other dissident investors. Recent assignments include working with companies facing Carl Icahn, Coppersmith, Elliott, Land & Buildings, Sandell, Scopia, Third Point and VIEX/Vertex.
- Crisis Communications: Recent projects include advising clients involved with cybersecurity breaches, financial restatements, short attacks, regulatory inquiries and SEC investigations, unplanned leadership changes, bankruptcies and restructurings, litigation, facility closures and workforce reductions.
- Investor Relations and Public Relations: She works closely with company management to develop and enhance investor and public relations programs, including quarterly earnings preparation, buy-and sell-side targeting and general profile-raising.
Aura joined Joele Frank in 2015. She was previously Vice President, Convertible and Equity-Linked Origination at RBC Capital Markets and a Director at Weston Growth Capital. She has a JD from the UCLA School of Law, with a concentration in business law and policy, and a BA in political science from the University of California, Los Angeles. She was an intern in the White House Press Office during the Clinton Administration.