Sharon provides strategic communications counsel to Boards of Directors and executive leadership involved in transactions, reorganizations and other special situations. She also works with small-mid- and large-cap companies across sectors to help them put in place long-term corporate positioning and investor relations programs. Her areas of expertise include:
- Investor Relations and Corporate Governance: She applies best practices in investor and public relations, and corporate governance to help ensure that a company’s corporate story is communicated clearly and consistently across stakeholder groups. She advises on matters including quarterly financial reporting, guidance, shareholder and sell-side engagement and investor day activities.
- Spin-Offs: She advises companies on separations, including navigating the going public process following a spin-off. This includes advising on pre-filing activities such as profile-raising, investor/analyst education, roadshow development, presentation training and message development. Experience includes Pentair/nVent, Arconic/Alcoa, Oneok/OneGas, and BWXT/B&W; and Delphi in its listing following-financial reorganization.
- Litigation and Crisis Communications: She has experience advising companies in connection with unplanned executive leadership changes, product recalls, FDA 483 and Warning letters and FCPA violations. In any litigation, she works closely with a client’s legal team to ensure that the communications strategy supports the litigation objectives.
- M&A: She advises companies for friendly or unsolicited transactions. Her experience includes (Healthcare): Zimmer in its acquisitions of Biomet and LDR; Centene in its pending acquisition of Fidelis Care and its acquisition of HealthNet; Liva Nova in the pending sale of its CRM Business to MicroPort Scientific; and St. Jude Medical in numerous transactions. (Industrials): Faimount Santrol in its pending sale to Unimin; LSB in the sale of its Climate Control Business; Cytec in its sale to Umeco. (Retail): Sears Holding in the formation of Seritage Growth Properties; Coldwater Creek in its financial reorganization and sale to Sycamore Partners; Nordstrom in its acquisition of HauteLook; The Jones Group in numerous transactions including its sale to Sycamore Partners and Adidas and Reebok in their merger.
- Shareholder Activism: Her public activism and proxy contest experience include Acorda (Scopia), Triumph Group (Atlantic Investment), Boingo (Ides Capital), LSB (Starboard, Engine Capital), Nuance (Carl Icahn) and Abraxas Petroleum (Clinton Group).
Sharon joined Joele Frank in 2000. She is a recipient of The M&A Advisor “Emerging Leaders” award. She provided pro bono public relations counsel to the Hetrick-Martin Institute, home of the Harvey Milk High School in connection with the launch of the New York City school. She previously served as External Affairs Officer at the World Bank. She is a member of the Financial Women’s Association.
Sharon received a BA in international affairs, cum laude, from The George Washington University.