Viveca provides financial and crisis communications counsel to companies involved in transactions and special situations, including shareholder activism defense and proxy contests, negotiated mergers and acquisitions, unsolicited takeovers, crisis management and restructurings. Her areas of expertise include:
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Notable transactions include advising: Forest City on its pending acquisition by Brookfield Asset Management; INC Research in its merger with inVentiv Health; Joy Global on its acquisition by Komatsu America; CenturyLink on its acquisition of Level 3 Communications; Tumi on its acquisition by Samsonite International; Valspar on its acquisition by Sherwin-Williams; FMC on its merger with Technip; Teva Pharmaceuticals on its offer to acquire Mylan and its subsequent acquisition of Allergan Generics; General Electric on its plan to sell most of its GE Capital assets; and US Airways on its merger with American Airlines.
- Shareholder Activism: Notable assignments include: Deckers (Marcato); QTS (Land and Buildings); RLJ Lodging Trust (Land & Buildings); Forest City (Starboard, Scopia Capital Management, Land & Buildings); Boingo (Legion Partners); Darden (Starboard and Barington); Herbalife (Pershing Square); Hertz (Carl Icahn); Hologic (Carl Icahn); and Intevac (Voce Capital).
- Crisis Communications: She has worked with clients on: defending against cyber-attacks, short sellers, financial restructurings, bankruptcies, federal investigations, facility closures and workforce reductions, reputational attacks, litigation, regulatory inquiries and unplanned leadership changes.
- Spin-offs: Her experience with spin-offs and public offerings includes advising Donnelley Financial Solutions in its separation from R. R. Donnelley; MGM in its creation of MGM Growth Properties, a controlled REIT; and Hertz in the separation of its car rental and equipment rental businesses.
- Investor Relations & Public Relations: She works with public companies to enhance their overall communications strategy, including corporate positioning, quarterly earnings preparation and employee communications.
Viveca joined Joele Frank in 2012. She received a BS in Marketing and International Business from New York University.