Leigh has nearly 20 years of experience and a proven track record as advisor to C-suite executives, directing multi-stakeholder communications programs in event-driven, financial and crisis situations. She has extensive special situations experience, having advised companies around restructurings, transactions, crisis communications and IPOs, as well as experience in developing capital markets and business media relations strategies to effectively position companies for maximum market valuation. Leigh works with companies across a variety of industries, with a particular focus on the retail and consumer sector. Her areas of expertise include:
- Investor Relations: She has expertise in developing and executing ongoing investor relations programs that adhere to best practices and help clients better engage with the sell- and buy-side through quarterly earnings reports, investment conferences, non-deal roadshows and other investment community outreach. She has regularly advised clients on financial guidance issues, management transitions, corporate strategy shifts and other critical announcements, as well as helped respond to investor and analyst inquiries, target and engage with potential new investors and analysts and solicit feedback from key constituents to inform future communications.
- Initial Public Offerings: She advises companies on navigating the IPO process and establishing best-practice public-company communications infrastructure. This includes advising on pre-filing activities such as profile-raising, roadshow presentation development and training, and message development for both external and internal stakeholders. She has supported IPOs for clients including Cnova (spin-off of Groupe Casino), Travelport, Taylor Morrison, Restoration Hardware, Lumber Liquidators, Dollar General and Under Armour, among others.
- Restructuring & Bankruptcy: Recent assignments include both out-of-court restructurings and in-court filings under Chapter 11, as well as Section 363 transactions. Recent clients include Crumbs Bake Shop, Orchard Supply Hardware, Classic Party Rentals, American Suzuki Motor Corporation, Silver Legacy Casino, Reddy Ice, Travelport, Fairfield Residential, Circuit City, Disney Stores/The Children’s Place, Gottschalks and Finlay Enterprises. She has also advised on organizational restructurings including Phillips Seafood and Movado Group.
- Crisis Preparedness and Communications: She has advised numerous clients on crisis preparedness and crisis response. Her assignments have included responding to environmental NGO attacks, government investigations, SEC inquiries, accounting irregularities, product recalls, civil and criminal litigation, workplace accidents, diversity issues, unplanned leadership changes and negative earnings surprises.
- Retail and Consumer: She has advised retailers spanning softlines, hardlines, broadlines and specialty as well as consumer goods companies including apparel, hard goods and food and beverage. Past clients have included retailers such as Office Depot/OfficeMax, Aéropostale, Lumber Liquidators, GameStop, The Children’s Place, Talbots, lululemon athletica, Duane Reade, dEliA*s, and Steven Madden, and consumer companies such as Hanesbrands, Movado Group, Jarden, International Flavors & Fragrances, NuSkin and Kid Brands.
Leigh joined Joele Frank in 2015 following 15 years at FTI Consulting (previously Financial Dynamics), where she most recently served as Head of the Retail & Consumer industry practice in North America within the Strategic Communications segment. Leigh received a BA in history from San Diego State University.