Leigh has nearly 20 years of experience and a proven track record as advisor to C-suite executives, directing multi-stakeholder communications programs in event-driven, financial and crisis situations. She has extensive special situations experience, having advised companies around M&A, restructurings, crisis communications and IPOs/spin-offs, as well as experience in developing ongoing capital markets and business media relations strategies. Her areas of expertise include:
- Investor Relations: She has expertise in developing and executing ongoing investor relations programs that adhere to best practices and help clients better engage with the sell- and buy-side through quarterly earnings reports, investment conferences, non-deal roadshows and other investment community outreach. She has regularly advised clients on financial guidance issues, management transitions, corporate strategy shifts and other critical announcements, as well as helped target and engage with potential new investors and analysts and solicit feedback from key constituents to inform future communications.
- Mergers & Acquisitions: She advises companies for friendly or contested M&A transactions. Her experience includes advising Supervalu in its sale to United Natural Foods, BioCryst Pharmaceuticals in its merger with Idera Pharmaceuticals, Deltic Timber in its acquisition by Potlash Corporation, Aurora Health Care in its merger with Advocate Health Care, Ariad Pharmaceuticals in its sale to Takeda, Thermo Fisher in its acquisition of Patheon, Johnson & Johnson in its acquisition of Actelion Pharmaceuticals and in the sale of LifeScan, Inc. to Platinum Equity, Ultragenix Pharmaceuticals in its acquisition of Dimension Therapeutics, Avon Products in the sale of its North American business to Cerberus, Humana in its merger with Aetna, Linear Technology in its merger with Analog Devices and Cox Automotive in its acquisition of Dealertrack Technologies.
- Initial Public Offerings/Spin-offs: She advises companies on navigating the IPO and spin-off process and establishing best-practice public-company communications infrastructure. This includes advising on pre-filing activities, roadshow presentation development and training, and messaging for external and internal stakeholders. Her experience has included the spin-offs of Alcoa from Arconic and Cnova from Groupe Casino, as well as the IPOs of Travelport, Taylor Morrison, Restoration Hardware, Lumber Liquidators, Dollar General and Under Armour.
- Crisis Preparedness and Communications: She has advised numerous clients on crisis preparedness and crisis response. Her assignments have included preparing for and advising on various cybersecurity issues, as well as responding to environmental NGO attacks, government investigations, SEC inquiries, accounting irregularities, product recalls, civil and criminal litigation, workplace accidents, diversity issues, unplanned leadership changes and negative earnings surprises.
- Restructuring & Bankruptcy: She has significant experience in communications related to both out-of-court restructurings and in-court filings under Chapter 11, as well as Section 363 transactions. Her work has included Rockport, Bon-Ton, Gymboree, CHC Group, DirectBuy, Sabine Oil & Gas, Crumbs Bake Shop, Orchard Supply Hardware, American Suzuki Motor Corporation, Silver Legacy Casino, Reddy Ice, Travelport, Fairfield Residential, Circuit City and Disney Stores/The Children’s Place.
Leigh joined Joele Frank in 2015 following 15 years at FTI Consulting (previously Financial Dynamics). Leigh received a BA in history from San Diego State University.