Rose provides strategic communications counsel to companies on a wide range of special situations, including mergers and acquisitions, shareholder activism defense, restructurings and bankruptcies and management changes. She also assists clients with ongoing investor relations, corporate communications and crisis preparedness and management. Her areas of expertise include:
- Mergers & Acquisitions: She has advised on a number of both friendly and contested transactions. Notable assignments include CIRCOR in its defense against an unsolicited offer from Crane Co.; Bristol-Myers Squibb in its pending acquisition of Celgene; SUPERVALU in its acquisition by UNFI; Broadcom in its acquisition of CA Technologies; Broadcom in its proposal to acquire Qualcomm; International Flavors & Fragrances in its acquisition of Frutarom; INC Research in its merger with inVentiv Health; CenturyLink in its acquisition of Level3 Communications; and Valspar in its acquisition by Sherwin-Williams.
- Shareholder Activism: She has worked with a number of companies in activism situations and proxy contests opposite Corvex Management, Elliott Management, Engaged Capital, JANA Partners, Land & Buildings, Legion Partners and Starboard Value.
- Bankruptcy & Restructuring: She has experience advising clients on Chapter 11 reorganizations and Section 363 asset sales. Notable assignments include INSYS Therapeutics, Cloud Peak Energy, Ditech Holdings, Catalina Marketing, Mattress Firm and American Tire Distributors.
- Crisis Management: She assists management teams and boards of directors on a variety of crisis situations including litigation, regulatory inquiries, earnings surprises, unplanned leadership changes, patent disputes, facility closures and workforce reductions.
- Investor Relations & Public Relations: She works with public companies to enhance their overall communications strategy, including corporate positioning, quarterly earnings preparation, thought leadership activities and employee communications.
Rose joined Joele Frank in 2016. She received a BS in Political Science from George Washington University.