For over a decade, Meaghan has provided strategic communications counsel to public and non-public companies involved in a wide range of ongoing and special situations, including transactions, bankruptcies and restructurings, shareholder activism and IPOs. Her areas of expertise include:
- Mergers & Acquisitions: She advises U.S. and international companies, across sectors, on communications issues that arise during friendly and contested transactions. Recent assignments include advising Swift Transportation in its pending merger with Knight Transportation; Enbridge in its acquisition of Spectra Energy; Joy Global in its acquisition by Komatsu Ltd.; FMC Technologies in its merger with Technip; Rouse Properties in its sale to Brookfield; Progressive Waste Solutions in its acquisition by Waste Connections; Cameron in its acquisition by Schlumberger; Teva Pharmaceuticals in its unsolicited proposal to acquire Mylan and in its acquisition of Allergan Generics; and Lorillard in its acquisition by Reynolds American and divestiture of certain assets to Imperial Tobacco.
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Distressed M&A: She has extensive expertise advising companies involved in out-of-court and in-court restructurings. Notable situations include Altegrity; Barneys New York; Caesars Entertainment Operating Company; Chemtura; CIT Group; Delphi Automotive; Edison Mission Energy; Energy XXI; Halcon Resources; Kerzner International; LINN Energy; MGM MIRAGE; Movie Gallery; Muzak; Oi SA; Paragon Offshore; Pilgrim’s Pride; the Portland Trail Blazers; Refco; Sabine Oil & Gas; TerraForm Power; TerraForm Global and U.S. Airways.
- Real Estate: She advises numerous clients in the real estate sector involved in various types of transactions and situations, including Kennedy-Wilson Holdings, Inc. in its pending combination with Kennedy Wilson Europe Real Estate Plc; Forest City in its agreement to eliminate its current dual-class share structure; Rouse Properties in its sale to Brookfield; Glimcher Realty Trust on the merger with Washington Prime Group to form WP Glimcher;; Cole Real Estate in its acquisition by American Realty Capital; Inland American in the acquisition of its net lease assets by AR Capital and BRE Properties in its acquisition by Essex Property Trust.
- Shareholder Activism: Select shareholder activism and proxy contests include Associated Estates (Land & Buildings); Buffalo Wild Wings (Marcato Capital); Cliffs Natural Resources (Casablanca Capital); C. R. Bard (ValueAct); Capital Senior Living (Red Alder); CSX (TCI & 3G); Illinois Tool Works (Relational); Iron Mountain (Elliott); Pennsylvania REIT (Land & Buildings);Radian (Clinton Group) and Taubman (Land & Buildings).
- Investor Relations and Corporate Positioning: She advises a number of clients on investor relations and media relations and long-term corporate positioning programs.
Meaghan joined Joele Frank in 2006. Meaghan received a BA in public relations and business management from Hood College.