For over a decade Meaghan has provided strategic communications counsel to public and non-public companies involved in a wide range of ongoing and special situations, including transactions, bankruptcies and restructurings, litigation support and shareholder activism. Her areas of expertise include:
- Mergers & Acquisitions: She advises U.S. and international companies, across sectors, on communications issues that arise during friendly and contested transactions. Recent assignments include advising Matlin & Partners Acquisition Corporation and U.S. Well Services on their pending merger; Swift Transportation in its merger with Knight Transportation; Enbridge in its acquisition of Spectra Energy; Joy Global in its acquisition by Komatsu Ltd.; FMC Technologies in its merger with Technip; Progressive Waste Solutions in its acquisition by Waste Connections; Cameron in its acquisition by Schlumberger; and Teva Pharmaceuticals in its unsolicited proposal to acquire Mylan and in its acquisition of Allergan Generics.
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Distressed M&A: She has extensive expertise advising companies involved in out-of-court and in-court restructurings. Notable situations include Barneys New York; Caesars Entertainment Operating Company; CIT Group; Delphi Automotive; Edison Mission Energy; Energy XXI; Halcon Resources; LINN Energy; Movie Gallery; Oi SA; Paragon Offshore; Pilgrim’s Pride; Sabine Oil & Gas; TerraForm Power; TerraForm Global; and Toys“R”Us.
- Real Estate: She advises numerous clients in the real estate sector involved in various types of transactions and situations, including LaSalle Hotel Properties on its pending acquisition by Pebblebrook Hotel Trust; Forest City on its pending acquisition by Brookfield Asset Management; Forest City in its agreement to eliminate its current dual-class share structure; Rouse Properties in its sale to Brookfield; Rouse Properties in its sale to Brookfield; Glimcher Realty Trust on the merger with Washington Prime Group to form WP Glimcher; Cole Real Estate in its acquisition by American Realty Capital; Inland American in the acquisition of its net lease assets by AR Capital; and BRE Properties in its acquisition by Essex Property Trust.
- Shareholder Activism: Select shareholder activism and proxy contests include Associated Estates (Land & Buildings); Buffalo Wild Wings (Marcato Capital); Cliffs Natural Resources (Casablanca Capital); Capital Senior Living (Red Alder); CSX (TCI & 3G); Forest City (Starboard and Scopia Capital); Illinois Tool Works (Relational); Iron Mountain (Elliott); Pennsylvania REIT (Land & Buildings); Radian (Clinton Group); RLJ Lodging Trust (Land & Buildings);Taubman (Land & Buildings); Vitamin Shoppe (Shah Capital and Vintage Capital).
- Investor Relations and Corporate Positioning: She advises a number of clients on investor relations and media relations and long-term corporate positioning programs.
Meaghan joined Joele Frank in 2006. Meaghan received a BA in public relations and business management from Hood College.