Julie provides communications counsel to financial services companies, with a focus on alternative asset managers including private equity, venture, credit and real asset firms. She has extensive experience developing strategies for financial sponsors and family offices around reputation management and enhancement, transactions, fundraising and other special situations. Her areas of expertise include:
- Financial Sponsors: Current and former clients include AEA, Apollo, Ascendent Capital, Aurora Capital, Bernhard Capital, Blackstone, CC Capital, Cinven, Cornell Capital, Cranemere, Crescent Point, EnCap Investments, First Reserve, Fundamental Advisors, Innovatus Capital, Kayne Anderson, L Catterton, Platinum Equity, Shorenstein, Stonecourt Capital, Tailwater Capital, Terra Capital Partners, Tower Three Partners and Z Capital Group.
- M&A: Recent assignments include advising CC Capital on its acquisition of Dun & Bradstreet as well as its acquisition, with Blackstone, of Fidelity & Guarantee Life; Cornell Capital on its acquisition of World Kitchen and the Hartford’s Talcott Resolution; Kayne Anderson on its acquisition of KKR-backed Sentio and student housing portfolio sale to Temasek’s Mapletree; EnCap on the sale of EagleClaw to Blackstone; ClubCorp on its sale to Apollo; L Catterton on its investment in Leslie’s Pool Supplies; First Reserve on the sale of its infrastructure business to BlackRock; Catterton on its merger with L Capital; and PJT on its merger with Blackstone’s advisory business.
- Fundraising: She regularly supports financial sponsors on capital raises and marketing activities, including the formation of investment platforms and new strategy launches. In 2017, she advised managers on 18 fundraises totaling more than $20 billion.
- Reputation Management and Crisis Communications: She provides strategic counsel and reputational support to financial sponsors. She has extensive experience advising on both the GP and portfolio-level in such situations as regulatory investigations, misconduct allegations, criminal activity, financial restructurings, labor relations, product recalls and workplace accidents.
- Media and Investor Relations: She counsels clients on strategically elevating their profiles by developing communications plans and identifying optimal approaches for media and investor positioning. Julie is in regular dialogue with influential reporters and editors at the top outlets and has helped dozens of sponsors successfully enhance their profiles to key audiences.
Julie joined Joele Frank in 2015. She previously worked at Prosek Partners where she advised the firm’s financial services clients, including private equity firms, asset managers and hedge funds, on strategic communications and investor relations. She began her career in the U.S. Senate, assisting the Chief of Staff to Senator Mark L. Pryor. Julie received a BS in Public Administration from University of Central Arkansas.