Jillian provides strategic communications counsel to public and private companies across a variety of industries and in a wide range of special situations, including mergers and acquisitions, shareholder activism and crises. In addition, she works with clients to provide ongoing public relations and investor relations support. Her areas of expertise include:
- Mergers and Acquisitions: She has worked on a number of transactions, including advising LaSalle Hotel Properties on its acquisition by Pebblebrook Hotel Trust; Hortonworks on its merger with Cloudera; A. Schulman on its acquisition by LyondellBasell; Broadsoft on its sale to Cisco; WebMD on its sale to KKR; VCA on its sale to Mars, INC Research on its merger with inVentiv; iflix on funding rounds from Liberty Global, Sky, Zain, Evolution Media, Catcha Group and Hearst; CBOE Holdings on its acquisition of Bats Global Markets; Lexmark on its sale to Apex Technology and PAG Asia Capital; First Niagara on its sale to KeyCorp; DIRECTV on its sale to AT&T; Zimmer Holdings on its merger with Biomet; and Echo Global Logistics on its acquisition of Command Transportation.
- Real Estate and Private Equity: In addition to advising REITs and real estate operators on M&A and shareholder activism, she counsels financial sponsors, including Fundamental Advisors, Kanders & Co., Kayne Anderson, Shorenstein, Sole Source Capital and Terra Capital Partners, on strategic communications around transactions, fundraising and profile raising.
- Shareholder Activism: She has worked with a number of companies in activism situations and proxy contests opposite Carl Icahn, Clinton Group, Corvex, Elliott, Engaged Capital, H Partners, Starboard and Voce Capital, among others. She also advises clients in situations in which an activist is agitating privately and develops preparedness plans around escalating scenarios.
- Crisis and Issues Management: She advises companies facing a variety of crises and issues, including litigation, reputational attacks, unplanned management changes, data breaches, earnings surprises, restructurings and regulatory actions.
- Public Relations and Investor Relations: She works with clients to enhance their overall communications strategy, including corporate positioning, profile-raising, thought leadership, employee communications and quarterly earnings preparation.
Jillian joined Joele Frank in 2013. She received a BA from Cornell University.