A member of the firm since 2007, Jed has been based in San Francisco since opening the firm’s office there in 2014. He provides counsel to public companies and private equity firms in the context of ongoing investor and public relations and special situations including:
- Mergers & Acquisitions: He works with clients in both friendly and unsolicited M&A transactions including II-VI in its acquisition of Finisar, Acxiom in its sale of Acxiom Marketing Solutions, Salesforce in its acquisition of MuleSoft, A. Schulman in its sale to LyondellBasell, Snyders-Lance in its sale to Campbell, Gigamon in its sale to Elliott, ShoreTel in its sale to Mitel, Cabela’s in its sale to Bass Pro Shops, Raptor Pharmaceuticals in its sale to Horizon Pharma, Enbridge in its acquisition of Spectra Energy, Linear Technology in its sale to Analog Devices, Fairchild Semiconductor in its sale to ON Semiconductor, Symantec’s sale of Veritas to the Carlyle Group, Informatica in its sale to Permira. IPO and spin-off experience includes Lyft, Dover (Apergy), Symantec (Veritas), JDS Uniphase (CCOP), and Agilent Technologies (Keysight).
- Restructuring & Bankruptcy: Notable assignments include PG&E, CTI Foods, Taco Bueno, Mattress Firm, Southeastern Grocers, Jumio, A123 Systems, Charter Communications, Edison Mission Energy, Energy Partners, Washington Mutual and Carlyle Capital.
- Shareholder Activism:Assignments include Mellanox (Starboard), Boingo (Ides Capital), Cabela’s (Elliott), Citrix (Elliott), Shutterfly (Marathon), Informatica (Elliott), Sotheby’s (Third Point / Marcato), IGT (Ader Investment Management), LSB Industries (Starboard / Engine), ValueVision Media (Clinton Group) and Canadian Pacific (Pershing Square).
- Investor & Public Relations: He works with publicly traded companies to develop effective communications programs to meet their goals. Private equity clients include Lone Star Funds.
- Crisis Communications: His experience in these matters includes advising companies on state, federal and regulatory investigations, patent disputes, product recalls, closures and workforce reductions, reputational attacks, litigation and unplanned leadership changes.
Jed joined Joele Frank with more than seven years of financial advisory experience in corporate bankruptcy and restructuring. He was previously a vice president at AlixPartners and an analyst at Kroll Zolfo Cooper. Jed received a BA in art history with a minor in philosophy from Bowdoin College.