For more than 15 years, Jamie has worked with small- mid- and large-cap companies across industries to help them identify their communications challenges and develop and implement plans to address their needs. She provides strategic counsel and support to companies in the following areas:
- Investor Relations & Public Relations: To win the hearts and minds of shareholders and other stakeholders, companies must tell a straightforward and compelling story and deliver on the promises they outline. She works closely with her clients to evaluate and refine messages and structure/implement a program to ensure that messages are appropriately leveraged across constituency groups.
- Crisis Communications: She has developed and run crisis simulations for management and internal communications teams so that when a crisis occurs it is not the first time the teams are thinking about the important issues and how to respond. She has advised companies in connection with myriad crises, including: SEC/regulatory investigations, workforce reductions and facility closures, earnings surprises and accounting issues, management changes, environmental issues, and litigation.
- M&A: She works alongside her clients involved in both friendly and unsolicited M&A transactions to ensure that all key stakeholders – investors, analysts, employees, customers, regulators and others – understand the company’s strategic objectives. Her friendly transaction experience includes working with HARMAN in its sale to Samsung Electronics; Media General in its sale to Nexstar Broadcasting; Family Dollar in its sale to Dollar Tree; Scientific Games in its merger with WMS; MetroPCS in its merger with T-Mobile; Stratasys in its merger with Objet; and Goodrich in its acquisition by United Technologies. Her unsolicited transaction experience includes working with Time Warner in its defense against Twenty-First Century Fox; Tenet Healthcare in its defense against Community Health Systems; PotashCorp in its defense against BHP Billiton; Microsoft in its proposed acquisition of Yahoo!; Express Scripts in its proposed acquisition of Caremark; PeopleSoft in its defense against Oracle; Omnicare in its acquisition of NeighborCare; Taubman Centers in its defense against Simon Property Group and Westfield America; and the William R. Hewlett Trust in its opposition to the H-P/Compaq merger.
- Spin-offs: She has considerable experience advising companies on spin-offs including: ITT, L3 Technologies, Oil States International and W.R. Grace.
- Shareholder Activism: Some of her experience in activism situations and proxy contests includes: DuPont, Danone, Mondelez, Tiffany (Trian); Family Dollar, Lionsgate (Carl Icahn); Apache, Oil States, Civeo (JANA); Sony (Third Point); Meritor, InfoSpace (Sandell); Progress Software, SeaChange, Datascope (Starboard); ITT, Banco Santander (Relational).
Jamie joined Joele Frank in 2001. She received a BA in American studies from Cornell University. She is Co-Chair of the Board of Directors of the Partnership for Children’s Rights.