Jacob provides strategic communications counsel and support to privately-held and publicly-traded companies involved in a broad range of special situations, including restructurings and bankruptcies, mergers and acquisitions, shareholder activism defense and crises. He also assists clients with ongoing investor relations and corporate communications strategies. His areas of expertise include:
- Mergers and Acquisitions: He has assisted on a variety of transactions, including merger-of-equals, go-private, spin-off and contested situations. Notably, he has worked with: Rowan in its combination with Ensco, Dell Technologies’ Special Committee in connection with the Class V transaction; SiriusXM in its acquisition of Pandora; LifePoint in its sale to Apollo-owned RCCH Healthcare; DST in its sale to SS&C; Kindred in its sale to Humana, TPG Capital and Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe; Dover in its spin-off of Apergy; and FMC Technologies in its merger with Technip SA.
- Restructuring and Bankruptcy: He has experience with both out-of-court restructurings and in-court filings under Chapter 11. Notable assignments include Windstream, Hexion, David’s Bridal, American Tire Distributors, EdgeMarc Energy, CTI Foods and The Rockport Group.
- Shareholder Activism and Defense Preparedness: He has experience in activism and proxy situations, including athenahealth (Elliott), Cerner (Starboard), Buffalo Wild Wings (Marcato), Sina Corporation (Aristeia)- and Team Inc. (Engine Capital).
- Crisis Preparedness and Communications: He assists and advises companies managing complex crises or special situations, such as large-scale corporate reorganizations, workforce reductions and facility closures, SEC inquiries, litigation, defense against short sellers, cybersecurity issues and unplanned leadership changes.
- Investor Relations and Corporate Communications: He works with clients to develop and enhance overall communications strategies, including IR and PR programs, investor days, quarterly earnings preparation and non-deal roadshows.
Jacob joined Joele Frank in 2016. He received an MA in English and a BA in English and Psychology from Lehigh University.