Jack provides strategic communications support for U.S. and international companies across industries and in a wide range of special situations, including transactions, shareholder activism, crises, and ongoing public and investor relations. His areas of expertise include:
- Mergers & Acquisitions: He has worked with clients in both friendly and unsolicited M&A transactions. Notable experience includes working with: the Special Committee of Dell Technologies in its proposed conversion of Class V shares; Anadarko in its pending transaction with Occidental Petroleum; Newmont Mining in its acquisition of Goldcorp and subsequent hostile takeover defense against Barrick Gold; Enbridge in its acquisition of Spectra Energy; Potlatch and Deltic Timber with their merger; General Electric in its transaction to combine GE, Oil & Gas with Baker Hughes; Jacobs Engineering Group in its acquisition of CH2M Hill Cos. Ltd; Gilead Sciences in its acquisition of Kite Pharma; Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen in its sale to Restaurant Brands International; and Team Health in its acquisition by Blackstone.
- IPOs & Spin-offs: He has experience advising companies on initial public offerings, including Lyft and Luckin Coffee, as well as spin-off transactions, including EQT Corporation and Trinity Industries.
- Crisis Communications: He assists and advises companies facing a variety of crises and special situations, including reputational issues, defense against short-sellers, data breaches, earnings surprises, SEC investigations, regulatory actions, litigation, unplanned leadership changes, closures and workforce reductions.
- Shareholder Activism: His recent experience defending companies against activist investors includes: AmTrust (Carl Icahn); Papa John’s (John Schnatter); Taubman Centers (Land & Buildings); and EQT Corporation (JANA Partners, D.E. Shaw, Kensico, the Rice Team).
- Public & Investor Relations: He works closely with management teams and financial and legal advisors to develop and enhance corporate IR and PR strategies. He has supported corporations with tailored communications to deal with a broad range of issues and events, including quarterly earnings, investor days, non-deal roadshows, structural reorganizations, M&A integrations, ongoing ESG initiatives and other corporate developments.
Jack joined Joele Frank in January 2016, having previously worked in the Analysis and Research division of Brunswick Group’s corporate headquarters in London. He received a BA in Business and Marketing Management from Oxford Brookes University in the U.K.