Andrew Siegel provides strategic communications counsel to companies and private equity firms involved in transactions, reorganizations, and other special situations. He also advises leading public companies on investor and media relations and long-term corporate positioning programs. His areas of expertise include:
- Investor & Public Relations: He helps companies enhance their communications in order to support the highest justifiable stock price or achieve other objectives.
- Mergers & Acquisitions: He advises companies on the communications challenges involved in both friendly and unsolicited M&A transactions. Recent assignments include advising Kindred Healthcare in its sale to Humana, TPG and Welsh Carson; Johnson & Johnson in its acquisition of Actelion; Noble Energy in its acquisition of Clayton Williams Energy; Harman in its sale to Samsung; Norfolk Southern in its defense against Canadian Pacific; Weyerhaeuser in its merger with Plum Creek; Martin Marietta Materials in its acquisition of Texas Industries; Smithfield Foods in its merger with Shuanghui International; and Airgas in its defense against Air Products and subsequent sale to Air Liquide.
- Spin-offs: He has considerable experience advising companies on spin-offs and public offerings including EQT, Manitowoc, Energizer, Oil States International, Phillips 66, L-3 Communications, Motorola, Allete and Holly Energy Partners.
- Shareholder Activism: His recent experience in high-profile activism situations and proxy contests includes Cedar Realty (Snow Park), Procter & Gamble (Trian), EQT (JANA and DE Shaw), ClubCorp (FrontFour), Williams (Corvex), Associated Estates (Land & Buildings), Abercrombie & Fitch (Engaged Capital), CommonWealth (Corvex & Related), Clorox (Icahn), Motorola (Icahn), and CSX (TCI & 3G).
- Restructuring & Bankruptcy: He has advised numerous companies in connection with both court supervised and out-of-court restructurings, as well as bidders in the acquisition of distressed assets under Section 363. Recent assignments include Memorial Production, Arch Coal, Energy XXI, Paragon Offshore, Rural/Metro, Washington Mutual, General Maritime, Greatwide Logistics and Mervyns.
- Crisis Communications: He has considerable crisis and issues management experience and has advised companies in connection with state and federal investigations, regulatory inquiries, insider trading allegations, hostage situations, facility disasters, closures and workforce reductions, high-profile litigation and unplanned leadership changes.
Andrew received The M&A Advisor’s “40 Under 40” Recognition Award in 2014. He joined Joele Frank shortly after the firm’s inception in 2000. He previously worked in Financial Planning at Merrill Lynch. He received a B.A. from the University of Pennsylvania.