Alyssa advises companies on a wide range of special situations. She also assists clients in enhancing their overall communications strategy, including corporate positioning, investor relations and employee communications. Her areas of expertise include:
- Public Policy and Regulatory Communications: Alyssa helps companies navigate the political and regulatory landscape, and communicate effectively and successfully with those constituencies.
- Reputation Management, Investor Relations and Public Relations: She has developed and implemented communications plans to help companies advance their business objectives. She works with public companies to present their strategy to the financial community, raise their corporate profile and enhance relationships with key stakeholders.
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Past assignments include: Hertz in its proposed separation of its equipment rental business, US Airways in its merger with American Airlines, Entegris in its acquisition of ATMI, DigitalGlobe in its acquisition of GeoEye; Hologic in its acquisition of Gen-Probe; and Stratasys in its merger with Objet.
- Shareholder Activism: Past assignments include: Herbalife (Pershing Square), Juniper (Elliott, JANA), Hologic (Carl Icahn), Microsoft (ValueAct), Intevac (Voce Capital).
- Alternative Investments: She has advised numerous private equity firms and their portfolio companies on strategic communications for investor and media relations, deal activity and fundraising efforts. Recent clients include Fundamental Advisors, Z Capital Partners, and the Government Development Bank for Puerto Rico.
- Crisis Communications: Her assignments include defense against short-sellers, financial restructurings, bankruptcies, changes in strategic direction, facility closures and workforce reductions, reputational attacks, litigation, regulatory inquiries and unplanned leadership changes.
Alyssa was previously the head of communications at Handy, the leading home services platform. She graduated from Colby College with a BA in Government.